Vancouver Whitecaps FC captain Jay DeMerit announced his retirement on Thursday, ending a 10-year professional career that saw him appear at the top level in England and the FIFA World Cup before coming to Major League Soccer.
News & Scores
Playing three games in only nine days, the Montreal Impact fell 3-1 to Real Salt Lake, Thursday night, at Rio Tinto Stadium.
- Whitecaps Earn Second Straight Road Point
- Crew Tops Impact 2-1
- Toronto FC Tie Dynamo 2-2
- Canada Women U20 World Cup Roster Introduced
- Mattocks, Defoe Trade Goals In Toronto And Vancover Tie
Real Salt Lake and the Vancouver Whitecaps delivered another heart-pounding, down-to-the-wire thriller. Houston Dynamo and Toronto FC combined for four goals in the first half. However, this time neither team found the net in the second half and shared the spoils after a 2-2 result. Columbus Crew found their first win in eight games by a 2-1 scoreline against the Montreal Impact.
Real Salt Lake continued their homestand against Canadian opposition when the Montréal Impact visited Rio Tinto Stadium.
The Houston Dynamo and Toronto FC meet is as many weekends, this time at BBVA Compass Stadium.
- Impact Highlights: Columbus-Montreal
- Whitecaps Highlights: Real Salt Lake-Vancouver
- TFC Highlights: Toronto-Vancouver
- TFC Highlights: Toronto-Houston
- Whitecaps Highlights: Vancouver-Chivas USA
Soccer In Toronto
The win moves DUFC’s record to 3 wins, 3 tie, 3 losses for 12 points while Clippers fall to 1 win, 3 ties, 4 losses for 6 points. The two teams sit 6th and 9th respectively in the standings.